View Single Post
Old 2008-06-23, 14:27   Link #1285
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

New to this stuff, but...

The Haruhi books, in my opinion, tend to do more restoring than changing. If the timeline was changed, then there was something that caused that change; a basic principle of cause and effect. If the cause is not there, there wouldn't be anything to cause the effect.

Also, they technically don't change the timeline, because most of what we see as 'changes' are actually events that have already happened in Kyon's timeline to the future Asahina. So even if Kyon 'changes' the timeline, he doesn't really change anything in the timeline because he was supposed to have changed the timeline in the first place.

I need to read more about this though.

Edit: Okay, read a little bit more about what everyone was talking about. I'd have to agree with the, "The three days never happened except in Kyon's memory idea." [Unless we want to discuss about alternate universes, because in that case it does exist.] My reason for agreeing with that is: Because she had never created the alternate reality, the alternate reality never happened. Kyon cut off the source, which cuts off the result.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote