View Single Post
Old 2010-11-08, 20:18   Link #18568
ameskitty
Kupo

I've been spacing off a bit recently in class, somehow came back to Umineko, and came up with a distinct reason for why Kyrie and Rudolf as the culprits bothers me. Aren't they the two people that Shannon would have the most reason to dislike? The people she'd be most likely to leave open as "alternate" culprits were she trying to mask the identity of the real culprit in her game?

Now I'm not going to try and pick which parts of EP7 were "covering up" the real culprit and which were true either way (frankly, I don't care enough and I don't have time to read it again), but I think it might be worth considering that Bern found or chose only one of at least two truths in the game. The idea of multiple "truths" has been a pretty strong theme in the series, after all, and the eighth game is set to have choices.

That and I really don't like the idea of all that foreshadowing for George just being a can of red herrings :P. There are a lot of instances of characters who previously seemed "bad" showing a sympathetic side in the past few episodes, and I don't like ignoring the single opposite trend.

Finally, I also briefly considered some sort of non-Shkanon way of thinking where Shannon and Kanon are actually fraternal twins, but I wasn't exactly sure where to go with it so...there you go.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote