View Single Post
Old 2009-06-28, 02:47   Link #16
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylleria View Post
Recently, my 10-year-old younger sister got interested in anime after watching K-ON over my shoulder. (Don't worry, I didn't let her see the fanservicey bits >_>) So far I've shown her My Neighbor Totoro, which she liked, and we're currently going through all the episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura.

I'm not really sure what to show her after that, so it'd be great if anyone could offer suggestions. She's a fairly well-adjusted 10-year-old, so I'm not worried so much about it being easy to understand, more that she 'gets' it. By that I mean not too many otaku jokes (e.g. Lucky Star), Japanese culture references (AzuDai), or slice-of-life shows with long periods of nothing happening (Aria, as much as I love it). Not too much romance either, unless it's the cutesy kind.

Anyway, thank you and I look forward to your suggestions!

~Syl
10 was when I first started really getting into anime because toonami started up with shows like gundam wing, yuyu hakisho, ronin warriors ect. I wouldnt worry tooooooooooo much about the anime, best you should do is look for a site that has anime ratings telling you whether is is, G, PG, TV14, TV17/MA

FYI, most anime is PG, and TV14.