View Single Post
Old 2011-02-22, 01:40   Link #50
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Anyone else following the novel translations NR is doing at baka-tsuki? Volume 29 was finished last month, and now with Volume 30 we've finally touched on one of the last major developments of the series which has yet to be translated whether in the novels or the anime: Shimako's real family background (!!). Very exciting.

Well, aside from that there's also the series' finale which has been translated for some time now so I wonder if any Marimite fans here are still interested. Beyond that, I've also been extremely pleased to learn from Simon's posts here that there is material past the 34th volume. I really trust we'll get there eventually (well, various circumstances and the gaps in Marimite translations have even inspired me to start pursuing Japanese seriously myself).

For any fellow White Rose (or rather, Shimako...) fetishists, I also stumbled across recently a series of (non-h) Marimite doujins titled "Rosa Gigantea Party" scanlated by Tranquil Spring. Simply the best Marimite doujins I've found thus far, though I really stumbled late into this series, to find its fandom still active is really encouraging...

As the novel translation effort is the only major site of activity at the moment for this fandom, I nonetheless thought it would be nice if this forum saw some activity.
I have also been steadily following the translation work over at Baka-tsuki, and saw mentioned in the updates section that "Started translation of volume 30".