View Single Post
Old 2013-05-11, 23:46   Link #383
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I hated Soukoku because of how moot it made the War of the Three Pantheons feel. "Whoooo we can have superpowers, whoooo we can stand toe-to-toe with these freaks from another world! HUZZAH HUMANS" wasn't exactly the whole mood of it all. Humans never really had powers to begin with; they used technology to try and turn the tides against both the Old and New Pantheons, and just from looking at the remnants of the tech from that war (with the hints and bits from ZERO, Genrin 1/2, etc.), you can get an idea as to how desperate/diabolical human tech was at the time.

That is to say, curbstomped. So bad. So hard. And yet it was because of humans trying to tinker with something beyond their comprehension that led to all this mess in the first place, that both worlds ended up fused with one another and that all hell broke loose.

I mean, come on. For reference, Celica himself couldn't even keep up with Majin Haishera, before he became a Godslayer, and he was a pretty competent swordsman at that point - "Barouhart's best", or so Celica's master praised him as. Louie couldn't fight Majin Dianne on an equal footing unless he exploited her weakness, otherwise he would get his ass kicked, and this is the son of one of Buleard's Ten Pillars. Ignaat, for all his Dragon-obtained strength, could only take on a Majin or something such as powerful on one-on-one combat, and even then it was still risky for him unless all the odds were in his favor.

And you expect me to believe that some no-name high school kids with super powers are able to fight these Majins and Angels on an equal footing? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-05-12 at 00:07.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote