View Single Post
Old 2012-09-21, 09:28   Link #251
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The owners of the Islands...they are Japanese, correct? The ones with the deeds?

The city of Tokyo offers to buy land out in the Sea from other Japanese land owners.

Aside from needing to figure out how to draw the line and how to police it with Tokyo police, there would only be the issue of Okinawa's government that administers those islands to contend with within the Japanese government. (Sort of like the City of Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Aqueduct and the policing it got while under contruction...or the L.A.P.D. setting up border patrols on Route 66 to keep Oakies out of California. They were pulled back under order of the State government as the California border is a bit outside Los Angeles city limits.)

*snip for space*
Putting aside the legality matter about this(I doubt a lot of people got enough legal understanding about the contents of the treaty anyway) and even assuming that Japan is the rightful owner of the island, but is it really wise to flaunt it in front of an international forum(in US to boot, a country that China thinks in his mind as its rival) when the other party is still arguing over the rightful ownership of said island(at least in the minds of China citizen)? IIRC, Ishihara made the remark about buying the island twice, and it's not until he made the comment in international forum that the situation get tense fast. If Japan or Ishihara just want the island to not fall to China hand because the previous owner went bankrupt or something, they can do so discreetly under personal name for now and wait till a more suitable times to officially buying the island under the government name and the problem won't be as large as this IMO. There's nothing wrong with Tokyo buying the island, but doing it like this is like saying in taunting China to react by saying "yay, we got the island, you can't do anything about it" in front of its face in a sneering manner.

The Chinese government is a punk right now, I concede, by flexing their power needlessly everywhere they can after becoming a great power in Asia(if not the world), but that just mean Japan, being the sensible one, should know better than openly provoke them in an international forum and not getting any reaction. Sensible people don't provoke gang member with gun openly in real life if they don't want to get shot right? Unless if he/she want to do a gun war with said gang member, then that's another matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

Just for those reasons alone, I hope to see all foreign companies pulling out from China and move all the factories elsewhere. A country full of 3-year-old tempers reacting like apes on something this minor can feck off wherever I see one. The rioters in China are exactly on the same level of stupidity as all those thousands (if not millions) of people in the Middle East/North Africa went apeshit over a very badly made video.
Indeed, and America is full of money embezzling ape bastard, warmonger and people shooting their gun everywhere right? Oh, and not to mention they all must be egoist bastard who don't care if they destroy a country economy as long as they make lots of money.*sarcasm fully intended*

Just because a portion(can't found the number, but I'm sure it doesn't exceed 15% of the population) of China citizens decide to ignore the law and do some riot doesn't mean that all of its citizen is the same. You're entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't mean you can diss a whole country's citizen just from one example. A lot of people in that country doesn't give a damn about a small island that doesn't have anything to do with them as long as their business is not affected(which mean they actually want China to settle the matter with Japan peacefully), and that's coming from someone who do business with both native Japanese and native Chinese regularly.
Beside, China and its citizen has done plenty good toward African country when all America and European country care about is taking their resource(taken from a native African himself who does business to my country, which is not China). The matter with Japan is just that sensitive, just like the matter between Japan and South Korea.

The reason I post here is because I see this generalization a lot in this thread and I can't help but feel sympathy toward a lot of Chinese who doesn't have anything to do with the riot(they're entitled to do a peaceful demo though, just like what some native Chinese does in my country) and can't help but trying to make the point that the Japanese side is not exactly completely guilt free toward this mess.

A little OOT : Maybe for you and me(being an atheist), religion is not something important, but some people take their religion seriously, even above their own family, and you have no right to look down on them because of that. When someone's most important gets ridiculed, people react badly(violence is still the wrong answer though). It's just like a stranger who you just know suddenly made fun of your family/girlfriend in front of you just because in their custom, that's how they show their closeness toward you and that person call you what a boring overreacting guy when you snaps back at them.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2012-09-21 at 10:03.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote