View Single Post
Old 2013-03-18, 17:48   Link #86
merakses

What do you think will happen if Kougami manages to kill Makishima before the latter finishes his master plan? In this case, Akane's deal with Sybil is off, and she will be forced to hunt Ko down and most likely kill him. What's worse, Sybil might notice that even after personally killing a person who was very important to her (she negotiated for his life), her hue remains unchanged, and realize that Akane is criminally asymptomatic. With the current situation as it is, I don't think that she could escape from (or even anticipate) a recruitment attempt like Makishima did.

Even with Akane as a part of Sybil, she won't be likely to be able to influence the consensus in most cases, so the general situation probably won't improve much (or at all). All in all, it would be a pretty bleak ending.

There is also another hypothesis - that part of the reason Akane is feeling depressed is because in spite of everything that happened, her PP is still so clear. She might have already noticed the similarity between her, Makishima, and the members of Sybil (although even in this case, I don't think she would be paranoid enough to expect a recruitment attempt. I guess we'll see whether I'm right or not)

Quote:
Does it really matter WHY a madman kills people?
Objectively, it is better if there is a good reason. Otherwise, those people died in vain, and I think that sucks considerably more than simply dying. Also, Makishima doesn't really qualifiy as a madman, not any more than any person from history who preached (and sometimes practiced) change through radical means.