View Single Post
Old 2006-12-05, 04:53   Link #52
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
If I have to choose, my favourite album will be the Clannad OST (汐, 渚, 空に光る, 遙かな年月, Ana, 小さなてのひら...etc are, IMO, reasons enough ). The second place will be either the AIR or Planetarian OST.
Yeah, although much of my sentiments go to AIR, CLANNAD is probably the most epic and memorable one for me, both game and music-wise. Besides what you already listed, I want to add 同じ高みへ and 白詰草 (especially the piano arrange in ピアノの森) too. And yes, Nagisa's theme is simply unforgettable.

To be honest, the more I watch Kyoani's Kanon, the more it makes me want to see a Kyoani CLANNAD. That's why I went and made myself the sig down there, to tide myself over.

...*ahem* To be on topic for a bit:

But Kanon, on the other hand, will probably remain the most significant for the oldest veterans, I think. After all, it was released back in an age where nobody really paid any attention to game BGMs, and most games didn't even have vocal OP/ED songs. It's not hard to imagine the kind of impact it must've had on the users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Ok, for those of you who actually own any CD/albums produced by Key sounds, is there a reason that they are listed as CD-ROMs rather than Audio CDs?

After watching the new Kanon and then looking up the old OST, I was reminded of an older Key album that I really need to own as well. Now because of the CD-ROM thing, the process of buying any of those albums is more of a hassle than I need it to be :\
I'm not sure myself either, but it's probably because of the label. Other game companies usually rely on music labels, such as Lantis or King Record, to release their soundtracks. Key Sounds Label, on the other hand, is more like the music branch of Key (techically, a software company) rather than a music label of its own.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote