View Single Post
Old 2004-11-05, 01:29   Link #11
avmoghe

I just watched the scene again. Its pretty clear that he walked across the whole shelf. He didn't notice any Latin books anywhere else. The fact that he found it odd, by ifself, is enough to show that it really was odd for him to have that book there.

He knew Farren was a latin reader, and yet he found that it stuck out. I don't see why any regular police detective wouldn't manage to do the same. I mean I certainly assume that the police investigated the possibility that the suicide was really a murder. I doubt the police would blindly assume it was a suicide just because of the not. Johan was really lucky that a regular police officer didn't notice it.

If the book was really taken out, then Johan would've definitely gotten away scot free. Leaving the book in is a risk he took... one that couldve been avoided.

As for walking on the edge, I like nothing about it. Granted Johan isn't exactly sane, the scene just looks like its thrown in to make Johan look cool, or for dramatic effect. I doubt there really is a reason that Johan likes to walk on the edge like that. Its like something I would expect from a hollywood movie.