View Single Post
Old 2014-03-09, 19:55   Link #169
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

I'll make these recommendations. if they're duplicates or you've already seen them you can ignore them. it's just so many pages.

Kodomo no omocha - It's a crazy shoujo anime and the drama is so well done. it's 102 episodes but i would say just start watching and don't worry about finishing it etc etc. I watched the first 23 episodes in 5 days. I think you'll love it looking at the shows you liked.

slayers NEXT - I thought the ending was really moving and just amazing. You have to watch the first season first. most people hail slayers next as the best season of slayers and I'm one of them. This show gets serious at times but they never forget the comedy. I highly recommend it if you want something moving. It has comdy, fantasy, drama, and romance. I personally hate fantasy but i love this show~ so this show made me unhate fantasy?

Battle Athletes Victory - this anime is a little bizarre and i could see that how it's not everyone's cup of tea but I think the people who like it will end up loving it. I found it moving at parts. It has some awesome comedy.

NANA - I personally remember it took me 10 episodes to really get into it not that the first 10 episodes bored me to death or anything like that. You watch it for drama, characters, some comedy, a lot of melancholy lol.

Iron Leaguer - It's not completely subbed but it definitely fits "something moving"

Kaleido Star - this one is 52 episodes and it's a really well-done anime. Since you enjoyed full moon I wanted to recommend this. compared to full moon, it's not as slow-paced, it doesn't have bad animation, and it doesn't have romance ( it has maybe a little bit. the show focuses on the main character and her growth and whatnot and so that's why there isn't a romance ).

Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu - this is a crazy comedy show as you can tell from the opening. the characters are well-done and the show does have a serious arc towards the end if i remember. I think you'll enjoy it.

gakuen alice - I don't remember if it's moving but it's cute and funny... and just seems recommendable looking at your thoughts.

Akazukin cha cha - it is 74 episodes so there are definitely are moving parts and episodes. i wanted to recommend it becuase of the shows you liked. it's a solid comedy with fun characters i would recommend checking out episodes 19, 8, 4, 18, 7, 5 , 25 to see if you like the comedy since episode 1 is not the episode to gauge that. It had some pretty good ratings when it initially aired in Japan in 1994.

fruits basket - i personally don't like this show but a lot of people do so i'll just mention it in case you like it. from what i remember it was episodic with a sob story every time but there might've been some advancement towards the end. I can't remember since I only remember stuff I really like really well.