View Single Post
Old 2010-01-05, 00:36   Link #32
Chishio no Hana

I'm finally going to write my review. To be honest, I was part was through the anime before I started to read the VN. That was why I knew about some things, but didn't know about others. At first, I thought it was a pretty good anime. The artwork was beautiful, and the voice actors were amazing. Then it began to let me down.

Animation: As I said, the character designs were very beautiful. Unfortunately, DEEN began to make many mistakes near the end of arc four..... They went over the top Higurashi-like with Maria's facial expressions...also, were the chest enlargements really necessary? 7/10

Voice actors: Oh. My. Gosh. These guys were amazing. They were undoubtedly the best thing in this series. Plus, some of my faves were in there (Ohara, Yuu, Yui and Miki) and I was also surprised at how Daisuke Ono portrayed Battler (when I first heard of it, I thought that every time I heard this guy speak I would think of Akasaka). All of there guys did a great job. 10/10

Script: To be honest, I'm not really sure..... It could have been a million times better, but...they didn't cut too much important stuff out.... 8/10

Adaption from VN: I think DEEN is controlled by Bern and Lambda and are trolling us all! at some points, it was an extremely good adaption. Others... well.... I'm surprised that I am the first to bring this up, but I actually thought that Kanon was in love with Shannon for the first 7 episodes because DEEN couldn't spend about ten seconds of the first episode explaining Shannon and Kanon's relationship! They cut out much of the backstory about the characters that makes you like them, deleted important red texts, and made what should be very heart-breaking scenes BORING. 5/10

Overall: It was good. It was fun to watch (most of the time...) and it made you think. It really did give off the witch feel, but some things were either over done, understated, or left out completely. They really need to step it up if they do a next season. Just... could they get rid of Chiaki Kon and get a director that won't mess it up? 8/10
Chishio no Hana is offline   Reply With Quote