View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 11:22   Link #69
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Ash Roller is a close-combat type, yet even at Level 2 he had the option of adding long-range weapons to his motorcycle. So, that's not particular to Metallic Colors at all.
That is true, though there is still the extremely faint possibility of it being a result of his colour saturation in relation to black-white, so we can't rule it out 100% for now, though your theory seems to be the most solid one.

Quote:
Indeed, if Scarlet Rain chose to sink all of her bonuses into long-range firepower, which is already the hallmark of her color, that suggests she could have chosen something un-Red-like.
Don't forget though that Scarlet Rain isn't 100% pure red, a fact that Yellow Radio never fails to remind her of (kukukunowisn'tthatcolourabitcheaplooking...).

According to wikipedia,
Quote:
Scarlet (from the Persian سقرلات saqerlât; see Scarlet (cloth)) is a bright reddish orange color with a hue that is somewhat toward the orange and is redder than vermilion.
So they could be referring to the fact that Rain still has access to yellow/orange bonuses.

Quote:
Therefore, Brain Burst allows you to invest in abilities outside of your color's specialty. But those abilities are going to suck unless you invest further bonuses into them.

That only makes sense, right? You can choose to generalize your avatar, but it's an uphill climb. Bonuses that fit your color's specialty may not be any stronger, but they're building upon the foundation that's already there.
There is one quote in the light novel that goes against this though.

From volume 6, chapter 3,

Quote:
“N-No way… I mean, from my perspective, everybody in that place is above the clouds, but I can’t imagine there was someone there that should make you say that much. I-I mean, you are a level niner like the rest of them, right? Isn’t “same level, same potential” one of the principles of the accelerated world…..?”
If you were to invest your bonus into something your avatar isn't suited for, that would leave you disadvantaged, wouldn't it? In the opening arc of the light novels, Kuroyukihime already established that 'potential' refers to the how powerful an avatar is, so we do know for a fact that 'potential' here does not mean how powerful an avatar can possibly get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
That explains why Taku had so many other moves: Splash Stinger, Spiral Gravity Driver, Lightning Cyan Spike.
That's really because according to the light novels, cyan is blue with a slight hint of purple.