View Single Post
Old 2011-08-08, 17:13   Link #862
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Heh, I don't give a damn if femshep's a soldier or not. Males and females do act/talk differently. It's only about how much. We're not robots with a male/female personality switch, the difference is within our genes.

They could have at least altered a few lines, ya know (outside of romance specifics). Or a few NPC reactions at least, some were pretty hillarious, to be honest. Problem is, in Bioware's case...it really is laziness; there is no "how much", there is only "not at all".

Just thinking about Dragon Age 2; some of the companions seemed like a shameless copy/paste. Merrill felt like a rushed Tali clone that's more about blabbering than badass action. Fenris? Oh I don't know...Garrus wannabe? At least they tried with ME and DA1. The only companion I really liked in DA2 was Varric, that's just sad.

Well, they improved the cameras and lighting for most of the dialogues in ME2, that was a huge improvement over the first game. Though the constant Miranda-cam perverseness was sickeningly stupid. At least they were subtler with Tali.

It was said here that changing the dialogues too much would force the player into a gender choice. I don't understand that statement. You can't anticipate what changes there are for each gender in dialogues. If anything, it adds replay value, because if the difference was noticeable, people would be curious enough to play the game again. I mean, they already do that for romances' sake. Why not give them some small bits of new unexplored content in terms of dialogue changes based on gender choice for their second playthrough? That way, you wouldn't want to skip half the conversations just because they're the same old (excluding the paragon/renegade actions)...