View Single Post
Old 2012-12-10, 23:49   Link #31334
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
The scene when Natsuhi meets Kinzo simply wouldn't have been allowed in most mysteries. Natsuhi talking with Kinzo didn't happen. Showing Natsuhi recounting the events afterwards would be fine; she did say those words, even if they were untrue.
That's probably true, at least for those following the Golden Era style pretty closely ... however, I couldn't quite neglect that this was the same man who wrote Higurashi. "The syringe is, in reality, just a harmless pen", "Shmion", "friendship turns you into deadly ninjas", "alien parasites" laden Higurashi. As soon as Kanon's body disappeared, I was all "Oh I see what's going on here. There's no 'magic' happening here. NO MAGIC BUT LIEESSS."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
And how was she supposed to learn about Shannon? She was probably in her early-mid 20s at the time Shannon started as a servant, mid-late 20s when Battler stopped coming; she probably wasn't living on the island at that time. Why would Shannon confide in Rosa?
Mmm ... well, as you say, Rosa was about 23 I think when Shannon started working there ... she was probably pregnant with Maria at the exact time. Who knows if she was living at home? She didn't seem particularly academically inclined, so who knows if she went to college or anything like her siblings...

But your point stands - noone even seems to know Shannon and Battler had any sort of "thing", at all. At most, George noticed that they got along much better than he himself did with the servant girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkama View Post
Well, Dlanor states the Beatrice was writing not two but three solutions the the mystery. The first one being the Magic solution. The second one being the Shkanon solution. Dlanor states that OC will help you find the second solution but Beatrice wants you to find the third solution on your own. In other words OC is meant to explain the Shkanon solution however the real solution is something Ryukishi wants you to figure out yourself. in OC goes, he states it's meant to show you how ridiculous Shkanon actually is.
I'll be honest, I'm mostly kinda stumped about what this "third story" is supposed to be in OC. The best I can do is that it's the story of the author herself, why she chose to create that sort of tale, why does it exist in the first place, that sort of thing... but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
I think it's more he's providing answers in the manga. Sadly I can't read the text but from what I can see EP 8 provided some solutions to the tricks.
Gotta agree. I finally decided to look at some of the manga, and, for example, the First Twilight in legend makes it FAR less ambiguous that the only people who saw Shannon's corpse were Hideyoshi and Kanon, because she was waaaaay back in the back hidden by boxes and junk. I mean, the novel certainly supports that idea, but the manga clearly shows the view from where the kids were, and they only even assumed there was another victim because Shannon was "missing", and Hideyoshi / Kanon were standing over something in the very back.

I'd say it could also put the EP5 parlor scene to rest, but I kinda don't even wanna discuss that anymnore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkama View Post
Which is funny because the entirety of KNM's theory is making Ryukishi out to be some kind of god of mystery novels who wrote the perfect story.
I know, right? What parts of his video I do watch make frequent mention of something like "Otherwise you say that Ryukishi ruined his OWN story with these terrible mistakes" and I'm like "This man has clearly never encountered a piece of media that you may call, perhaps, ruined by it's creators terrible storytelling mistakes." Like ... ever.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote