Thread: Higurashi Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2006-05-03, 23:16   Link #13
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature
1) If the show is "only" going to go to Tsumihoroboshi-hen, then we're not going to get the full answer, are we?
The way I see it, Minagoroshi-hen is either a hit or miss: It does reveal the "full answer" of the entire story (as opposed to the "partial truths" in Meakashi and Tsumihoroboshi), but while some people would be left pleasently surprised by the plot twists and the ultimate truth, for others, Minagoroshi-hen could mean a proverbial kick in the nuts (and no, I'm not going elaborate on what that means, read the spoilers in the game thread if you really want to know).

In comparison, the story and ending of Tsumihorobosh-hen is a relatively safe one. In fact, as long as the anime leave out Tsumihoroboshi-hen's final TIP "悪魔の脚本" (The Demon's Script), which isn't obtainable until after Tsumihoroboshi-hen is over, then Tsumihoroboshi-hen's ending would actually make a very good series finale. (Of course, if they really end the anime with Tsumihoroboshi's ending as-is, then that's a problem too, since without Minagoroshi-hen's "full answers", there will be more holes left in the mystery than a sponge).

(To explain a little bit more, the final TIP (Demon's Script) of Tsumihoroboshi provided a way for the story to continue on. Without that TIP, the story of Higurashi no Naku Koroni probably would've ended with Tsumihoroboshi)

In the end, I don't think they'll try to change the story to make up an original ending or anything. Most likely, they'll just show the anime as it is, and if you want to find out the real truth (fill up the sponge holes), you'll just going to have to buy the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature
2) If we were to get the answer, wouldn't this be counterproductive, since it would spoil the game and conceivably affect sales? So, honestly speaking, can't we expect that the anime will peter out into uncertainty?
Like I mentioned above, I don't think the "real truth" will be revealed in the anime at all. By the end of Tsumihoroboshi, a lot of things will be cleared up, but it's still one step short of the "real truth".

Honestly, I don't know what they're going to do with the ending (so don't take what I said above too seriously). The only suggestion I can give is to just enjoy the story for what it is without thinking too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
Out of curiosity, is Frederica Bernkastel a real person? I googled for the name and all I came upon were Japanese websites, which I assume are talking about Higurashi.
No, she's not. Frederica Bernkastel is kind of a mysterious existence within the story of Higurashi. The only time her name appears is at the beginning of every new chapter (in the game), when one of her poems is displayed. The poem themselves all elude to the truth natures behind each chapter. Quite an artistic touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
I know the last chapter has not been released yet, but is it conceivable for Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen to contain enough material for a Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai show, even if that would only be ~13 eps? Does Minagoroshi-hen contain enough for, say 6 episodes?
I would hate for the show to just end at an unfulfilling ending instead of a "best" ending.
Matsuribayashi isn't out yet, so I can't say anything about that.
Minagoroshi, on the other hand, probably does have enough contents to fill 6 episodes (then again, at 4 episodes, Onikakushi-hen was already pretty rushed, and it's one of the shortest chapters).

I'm not holding my breath for a second season based on only these last two chapters, but hey, you never know.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-05-03 at 23:47.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote