View Single Post
Old 2006-10-26, 07:34   Link #53
batpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehtf View Post
hmm... but is there any symbolic meaning of Rika's watanagashi? besides the 48 hour queen bee theory, the difference between the gas incident and non-gas incident chapters are Rika being watanagashi or die in other means (suicide/totured).

Still cannot spot any clue or hint why Takano choose to watanagashied Rika instead of shooting/poison/stab etc....
Do you remember in one of the earlier TIP, which seems to be from Takano's grandfather, on what is the exact process of watanagashi, and how death from it is different from a normal death?

The innards of the victim is eaten.

Provided with the fact that Takano takes her grandfather seriously, that he had asked her to become god, that she believes the key to becoming god is through parasites, I do believe she took all the necessary steps to become god in the way he wished, or she thought he wished.

I find this the only way to make sense the differences between the scenarios where Rika gets watanagashi'd/gets killed by Shion. It wasn't what was done to her that matters - it's the result of what was done to her that counts, and that is of Takano becoming god.

Or that she believes she'd become god anyways.

It's evident that her grandfather's theory is flawed. When Rika dies without being watanagashi'd, nothing happened. The question then is what happened when Takano performs the watanagashi on Rika? Whatever she discovers, it leads to the gas disaster.

People in the know, how far off am I?