View Single Post
Old 2010-05-03, 17:50   Link #626
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This is just so bad man....Japan....it's beyond the point of a joke now.

It really must be a little embarassing for the regular and real conservative Japanese public though. I think there's a reason why crackdowns on media are happening now.

Finally I love that picture of the hosts and guests just playing it up so much like they are sad at the announcement, but really they're just like, "Yeah whatever, it's J-Pop". I love TV personalities in Japan who are willing to mug it up for the camera. Kind of reminds me of the studio system era of Hollywood movie acting. I think I'll have to come back and point out what each of their facial expressions is really saying about this.

From Left to Right:

1. Hahaha, that's so dumb (Really thinking: but yet I'm wearing a giant gold bow on my head and a really short skirt to play up my appeal.)

2. Okay, Okay, sure just clap along (Really thinking: Just go with how everyone else is hamming it up.)

3. Such a disgrace (Really thinking: I need to play up the stuffy older Japanese person thing a bit.)

4. Hang head in shame (Really thinking: I need to play up the somewhat narcissist guy that's made it and play it like Kanye West)

5. Oh deaaaaaaar....(Really thinking: I've got an emo slice so I need to do the bit about acting sassy and metrosexual)

6. Ohhhhhh no!....(Really thinking: Gotta go with what the boss is doing and act real bumbed out. Maybe play up the daffy hostess bit and look like I'm going to console him)

7. Dem's da breaks man (Really thinking: Either play it cool or play it schmucky and shrug it off)

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-05-03 at 18:09.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote