View Single Post
Old 2010-05-19, 17:33   Link #10230
Shiro Kaisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Absolutely not.
Please, enlighten me.

Because from my perspective, if Erika is thereupon designated to be the Detective's title, "Erika" can be consistently find-and-replace'd with the word "Detective" in every red text. Thus, if say Shannon was chosen by Bernkastel to be "Erika" in Episode 6, the red text would refer to her.

And if you bring up "Erika raises the person count by one," you're wrong. It raises the upper limit, but Umineko has consistently had an upper limit higher than the normal total for the sake of keeping illusions alive. See Kinzo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
- A non better specified theory explaining the whole love test scenes

- The assumptions that Ryukishi planned a huge troll since EP3 and used up almost half of Ep6 just to that end.
First one: Confrontation between Shannon and Kanon, a literal interpretation.

Second one: uh...what? Shkanon is BARELY implied, it's one of those things that people took clues to mean a certain way and used a lot of circumstantial evidence. Under Knox's 9th, we're allowed to read clues how we want, even if that isn't how they were intended. Nowhere does it say anything that Ryuukishi was intentionally force-feeding us Shkanon and then trolling us with it not being true.

also: see Erika's "I am...the witch of Truth...which means...I can face the truth...about myself" monologue from Episode 6 RIGHT BEFORE the 17 people red text. Context, people. Seriously.
Shiro Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote