View Single Post
Old 2012-11-15, 17:23   Link #31187
Kealym

...random thought.

I was reading through Natsuhi's trial in the Court of Illusions in EP5, yeah, and I was thinking of the red stating that Kinzo never, ever ever actually trusted Natsuhi, and by all accounts, was just kind of an unsociable dick to her for 20 years.

I was thinking of a what-if that distrust was based on Natsuhi reminding him of his legal wife? Their marriage circumstances were similar - ladies from noble families chosen basically for prestige. And this point in particular is silly, but the only glimpse of Kinzo's wife we ever see (from the EP7 manga ... correct me if I'm wrong) basically looks like Natsuhi with shorter hair and a plainer dress (was that kinda-sorta Victorian look just really popular in postwar Japan or, what? ).

We're told once that the siblings couldn't remember Kinzo being severely upset since the time their mother had died, but,maybe he was never sad to lose her. There are no hints suggesting that Kinzo and his wife fell into a decent relationship, like Kratsuhi did. In fact, based on Mrs. Kinzo's conspicuous absence during the incident with he baby 19 years ago (even though she was DEFINITELY alive during the incident when Rosa met Beatrice II, which had to have been pretty close in the timing), maybe what the siblings witnessed was just Kinzo crying for Beatrice at their mothers funeral or something, since Mrs. Kinzo and Beatrice II probably died around the same time.

Then you get Natsuhi, who seems similarly ... "severe" in her person, I wanna say, but she seems to be getting along rather well with Krauss, which is something his own marriage lacked. He needs to put this suddenly orphaned witch-baby somewhere, so he presents Lion. Cue cliff-pushing/ accident, and maybe to an aging Kinzo it seems like the spirit of his spiteful dead wife made sure to wipe out even the final trace of the mistress she so often suspected.

Well, I'm not saying Mrs. Kinzo possessed Natsuhi or anything, or that Kinzo thought such a thing, but rather that the curious circumstances of it all may account for his decades (doing the math, I believe Natsuhi married into the family in 1958/59, so that's OVER 9000 days of it) of hardwired jerkass. It also makes Natsuhi's strange worship of him (which apparently was almost always there) into some really strange ... I'unno, Stockhol Syndrome stuff.

tl;dr "Kinzo dislikes the woman who ended up reminding him of his wife too much. Chucked the relevant illegitimate baby off a cliff, to boot. NO EYE CONTACT FOR YOU, Natsuhi.

Also, I kinda wanna write an entire forgery where in the magical narrative Beato brings Mrs. Kinzo back to life to haunt the shit out of her kids, and they're all found in their childhood rooms or something. She possesses Natsuhi and uses her ghostly Meta-knowledge to lead Natsuhi to the gold turning her into Natsu-trice and ... I'll stop now.

Last edited by Kealym; 2012-11-15 at 18:41.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote