View Single Post
Old 2012-06-01, 21:17   Link #281
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post

Keeping her on standby would have been if he said "If things don't work out with Mikono, maybe we can get together". But he didn't.
Well, you could read that into what he said.

"What you said before Aquarion went out of control...I...I can't... commit to anybody right now. I have a lot to work out before I can even consider that."

"Right now, Mikono- is someone I have feelings for, and I need to determine if she feels the same way about me before I can consider somebody else."

What I put in blue above are easily imaginable ways for Amata to finish his sentences, and they would give Zessica glimmers of hope. For that reason alone, I don't think they were proper rejections. A proper rejection doesn't leave this much leeway, imo.

But in fairness to Amata, circumstances have conspired against him a bit when it comes to handling Zessica's feelings for him. I don't think he's intentionally stringing her along. But I do think Amata is so focused on Mikono that he's probably not handling other things (in general) as well as he should. It's an understandable mistake.