View Single Post
Old 2011-06-02, 02:07   Link #673
Undertaker

I just read v8, didn't notice the Chinese fan-translation was complete until few days ago.

Spoiler for Thoughts on V8:

Now I just need to wait for V9 and the official Chinese version of V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
Sorry for double post, but it's a different from the KN manga.

I watched Ep15 and final. It does look gives a -conclusive- image, like there might not be second season, but hell, with all the hype im sure there will be a second season by the time Vol.10 comes out or so.

Anyway, final words for anime: Good show, but could've been better if they explained the missing shots like when Manami and Ayase actually met, the stolen novel, all the Kyo and Ayase shots, etc etc... 4/5
I like how they handles ep15. It was fairly conclusive (though I hate the image though, way too corny, would've be better if they just stick to a group happy shot or Kirino close up shot) that is there is no S2, S1 can be a stand along anime. But yeah, with all the hype and the sales, it's hard not to think S2 will be on the way. They even actually handled Kirino's dere side pretty well for a change. The only complain I have was that they cut out the scene while Kyosuke was deciding which route they should play.

As for overall impression, I agree with you. Its a good adaption, the real problem here is that they makes the series seem like a companion series to the LN. Too many details got caught that was needed to connect all the plot correctly. But that seems to be the problem for most of the LN based anime anyway. That, and the V3 fiasco. While I can now appreciate the "irony" () behinds it. It really wasn't funny when I first watched it. It also creates a potential conflict if there is a S2 as V8 took the queue and mentions that "ImoZora" is being animated. And lastly, the anime Kirino is just not cute (except in episode 3,12 and 15). It was hard to root for him without the LN knowledge. God knows how many times I have to defend her on this forum. But yeah, similar to Yakushi Ryoko anime, this anime gets extra point for LN reader. I'll even give is a 8.5. but if I hadn't read LN and didn't like Kuroneko or Sena it'll just be another slightly above average anime.

Speaking anime, I remember they did release face designs for Saori without the glass. But through out the series, there isn't a scene in which she revealed her face. ( I thought I would find a way to work that in at the beginning)

With that being said, it really made me appreciate what Gosick team has done. Despise some minor issue in the beginning they really have managed to capture the LN perfectly. Anything that they changed only make the Anime version better and flows more smoothly. At same time it also captures and retained the feel of every characters. Oreimo isn't bad in this regard, unfortunately the one miss they had happens to be the lead female....

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-06-02 at 02:42.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote