Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 15:34   Link #1450
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well, I'm curious to see how they handle an episode w/o the princess. Assuming that she will stay away from the group.
I think so too. They started the arc with five active members. This week it was down to four. The second to last scene lingered on the three bags in the clubroom signifying Himeko had tapped out, and next week's episode is "And Then There Were None" so I'm thinking it gets worse before it gets better.

Going back to the more meta discussion on Taichi's outburst at Inaban, who like many anime girls gets away with a fair amount of both physical and verbal abuse on her male clubmates: I agree that from a removed perspective, it's actually kind of refreshing. All the more so because of Taichi's nature. Perhaps that's Heartseed's idea of making him more "interesting." Also, fuck Heartseed.

In context, of course, I found the damage he caused pretty affecting, partly due to Miyuki Sawashiro's delivery during her response. While she's always been pretty great, she's damn near broken my heart twice now in this show. As for Taichi's grievances, he's got a good argument from his perspective, but it shows a fundamental lack of understanding of Inaban's character. I'm not faulting him for that, of course, because Inaban has been deliberately obfuscating her insecurities and motivations from the start.

So yes, I'm glad they had him do that. It didn't make it any easier to watch in the moment, but it's breaking with the formula, and that's usually a good thing in KC's case. Case in point: Fujishima. After episode 1, who would guessed she would be such a total bro helpful class rep?

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2012-08-19 at 16:02.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote