Thread: Licensed Overlord [LN]
View Single Post
Old 2017-11-21, 08:03   Link #8074
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I just realized that Aura might be the one who will keep the "Satoru Suzuki" part of Ainz alive. Why?

Because she witnessed kindness and affection toward the Nazarick NPCs from Momonga/Ainz that he didn't show at the time of the game.

She did witness the following things:

1. Ainz showed concern and gave the twins water to drink, right after Nazarick was transported and the twins noticed that he was behaving much kinder and friendlier than they remember from before (see vol. 1).

2. Aura witnesses how Ainz can't easily bring himself to finish off Shalltear (see vol. 3).

3. During the dwarf arc, Aura (at least from her PoV) witnessed that Ainz played the fool to "test" her and Shalltear, while he constantly emphasizes their safety, showing that he is worried about them as well, even entrusting them with a world-class item. No matter how much it serves as an "insurance" against a repeat of mind-control, the guardians still consider it a honor and a sign of trust to be bestowed a world-class item (see vol. 11).

(You could also count the lap-sitting event in vol. 10, but I am not sure about that one.)

I guess Sebas will have a similar role. Just looking at him made Ainz take a 180° turn at his plans for Carne village in vol. 1, just because Sebas reminded Ainz of Touch Me, so his influence on Ainz is not to be underestimated.