View Single Post
Old 2006-08-04, 17:45   Link #93
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
I don't know why people keep bringing up long-running series like Maison Ikkoku to relate to School Rumble long-windedness. For one, I'm not sure how you can even put Kobayashi Jin (School Rumble) anywhere near the same level as Rumiko Takahashi (Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, Inuyasha, Urusei Yatsura).

Rumiko Takahashi anime series could run for seemingly forever because of her immense popularity. She's one of the best known and influential mangaka outside of Japan. Can we say the same for Kobayashi Jin?

If SR does not conclude in Term2, there is no guarantee that there will be a Term3. So many anime series which ought to have another season did not have one. So rather than an ending that has no meaning (SR Term 1 ending), I'd rather Term2 deviate from the manga and have a proper conclusion.
Well School Rumble is very popular hell it's in the top ten most bought manga in Japan when in a new volume is released being right up there with the likes of One Piece, Naruto, Air Gear, Inuyasha etc. Many games have been made due to it's popularity too.

Funny that you mention about Rumiko's work it's somewhat similiar too School Rumble how long did it take for the romance part of her manga to be resolve??? yeah... very long. While people are complaining about that in School Rumble though it's only 14 volumes so far while her work is three times longer for anything to be resolve. Now tha'ts FRUSTRATING eventhough that her manga leans a bit more on romance than School Rumble.