View Single Post
Old 2004-11-28, 17:01   Link #231
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
These games are really cheap anyway. Takes me 5-6 hours to download them. Right now I'm playing a downloaded game called Onegai Papa! (and shut up you moralists, like you haven't downloaded an illegal thing in the world - ur fucken avatars are illegal)
Ahh, the typical excuse from the pirate book.

"Everyone has downloaded something illegal once in their lifetime, so it's my right to pirate these games!"

Note that you said that they are cheap to you, so why not buy them, eh? But I take it that was a typo and that you meant that they weren't cheap.
You should buy these games.
And so we get to the next excuse from the pirate book!

"They are too expensive, so I have the right to download them!"

Yeah, sure. Console games cost even more than $50. Yet people don't find that expensive.
Then we argue about how much work has gone into the games, and then we get the next rule.

"The games are low quality, so their price isn't fair, so I have the right to download them! This will cause the companies to see that their prices are too high, and they will lower it. So I'm actually doing them a favor."

It's the other way around, actually. Prices are lowered if a game sells really well, or if there isn't much demand for it, and gets thrown in the bargain bin. Next, prices will go up because else they wouldn't generate enough income.

Next the pirate book goes on about how the people who make the games are bastards, goes on and on about I-Tunes, how piracy isn't bad in general, etc.

Long live double standards.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote