View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 03:02   Link #5861
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Uh, no, you just have to send something that can at least fly. The ASH is just not a good match for Freedom regardless of whether Kira is invincible.
There are other considerations in play that you're ignoring/forgetting. Figure them out if you want to continue this line of discussion; otherwise I've already made my point.

Quote:
Is it plausible for Durandal to factor in all of things that would have to happen for the Impulse and Freedom to have the confrontation they did?

I mean, what if they meet in a battle where Freedom was not trying to retreat? Or what if they meet after Lacus was killed, where it's conceivable that Kira would be less likely to not kill? Is Durandal going to design a mobile suit just to counter one possible Kira?
Considering how much bloody planning he put into every other detail in Destiny? Yeah. That said the "factors" you're talking about are remarkably open for their fulfillment, and let's not forget that if push came to shove he'd just set up the factors himself.

Quote:
Besides, it's not like the Impulse's design is the only way to defeat the Freedom.
No, it's not the only way to defeat the Freedom, but it is the best way to destroy the Freedom, seeing how it fucking worked.

Someone let me know when everyone isn't trying to defend the parts of SEED that don't deserve defending. This is getting tiresome already.