View Single Post
Old 2007-09-06, 06:33   Link #8974
Aaron008R

Backlog eh? Almaria?

Almaria: [Yes?]

Please do the honors.

Almaria: [Hai. Proceeding with information dissemination at average level of output...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hmmm...

Seems I've been making a habit of posting "previews" lately

Anyways, more Snippet Time, with another short piece, which continues from this snippet, concerning a certain AI.

Spoiler for Searcher:
I LIKE THIS!
Kay's now a mom.
Glock's now a da-*shot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Hyena: Hey, who's the pig?

Pumbaa: Are you talking to me?

Timon: Uh-oh, they called him a pig.

Pumbaa: Are YOU TALKING to ME?

Timon: Ya shouldn'ta done that.

Pumbaa: ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?!

Timon: NOW you're in for it!

Pumbaa: THEY CALL ME, MIS-TER PIIIIG! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Ahh~... memories...

Quote:
<nods> Thanks. And don't worry about the bad mood thing - it happens with all of us - we all have our little beserk buttons.
Thanks. I just got too professional for a bit... And about Apalis, a thirty minute break in between maximum loads should provide for enough cooldown...

Quote:
No fair... no fair... NO FAIR!!! I was gonna do that!

Quote:
<sits in Corner of Woe a la Tamaki>

I'm not mentioned... I'm not mentioned... I'M NOT MENTIONED! UGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU<gasp>UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUU<gasp>UUUUUUUUUU!
Eheh... Sorry... But I included the FFnet writers only... which reminds me...

Saint X: Expected to be good in an epic HAXX sense. With lotsa insights from Kyla.

And of course...

Reiji: Expected to b good in a romance movie sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
@Lowe: A very touching piece, I must say. Shinji's departure was well-described, along with Kay's emotions, but, as said before- what will happen now? I am intrigued, good sir, and I await more.

If any of you recall the scene in which V assaults a group of Numbers and guards, I've also done another version...much more...ehm, how should I say this...vicious. This is what would happen if V got cheesed before he faced Scag...or, in the least, a snippet of it.

Spoiler for Bloody Masquerade:

This is only alternate, but...

Don't mess with V.

I found writing this to be somewhat hard, and, as with the former piece off of which I based this, partly painful, too. But...do tell me what you all think of this.
OH. MY. GOD!!!
You offed Nove!
Intense scenario is INTENSE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
I just did a massive update on Katsuhito's profile. Tell me what you think!
I'll get to it when I come back. Same goes for Satty's new character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tals View Post
Why "Entropy?" Well, aside from just being a cool name, I plan on abusing the aforementioned "lingering mental effects" of it's proto-Unison abilities to have a whole mess of wacky psychological hijinks, and the scientific term for chaos seems like a good name for a device that is infused with the remnants of countless other people's minds.

Glad you like his name, I've always felt like anytime someone is named Guy in an anime he's doomed to be a secondary character who supports the protagonist, and perhaps takes a bullet/sword for him. So I'm setting out to change that with a Guy who's a little less "self-sacrificing support character" a little more "maniacally overconfident protagonist."

And he has an age, I just plan on writing starting from the beginning, and if his profile started there it'd be sorta boring.
Device: None
Abilities: Worthless
Specialization: Doesn't like working
etc, would be a bit of a letdown don't you think. This way everyone can see what direction I plan on taking him, but still leave enough leeway to write in new stuff as it comes up.

Well that bit came from an idea I had when they were discussing the different types of barriers(hey, a perfect excuse to go watch a bunch of Nanoha, it's for Research!) It seemed to me that every time someone used a barrier it was to block an incoming attack, so what would happen if you angled it slightly and instead tried to deflect it. Then I got to thinking, can't they shape barriers, why not use cone shaped ones to deflect beam attacks around yourself, or use them like mirrors to ricochet long range attacks back at an enemy. Seems they've got a lot of uses to me, some of them perhaps requiring a lot of extra energy, some just requiring a little basic geometry.

Where is it, I keep getting this feeling that theres an easier way to find this stuff that doesn't involve trekking through 400 pages of unrelated discussion just to find one character's profile.

As for all this discussion about multiverses and other such shenanigan's, I prefer to think of it as a bunch of smaller alternate universes that all follow the same temporal path, that way you don't get into any trouble with time travel paradoxes and dimensional paradoxes both running amok making everything impossible to understand. Though to get technical, I'm pretty sure time is constant throughout all universes, since it's for the most part arbitrary, the difference would be in the direction that it seems to flow. Ours goes from low entropy to high (egg is whole, egg is dropped on floor, egg is now shattered into a random assortment of pieces), but others could have no flow or one that goes in some other direction. But enough armchair physics, I'll leave those things to the professionals, they all probably like doing calculus, unlike me.

Moving on, I've got more of Entropy's abilities written up, and is it just me or is the hardest part coming up with names that don't sound goofy as hell.

Spoiler for Entropy: Abilities:

And to tie it all off, I've gotten started on some actual writing, just to make sure I can still form coherent thoughts and write dialog. Here's hoping.

Spoiler for Introductions::
I like where this is going. Please continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I’m with you too in the crusade against rampant perversion!
Ah! An ally!

Quote:
*Blast off to hide in a cloaked ship in deep space*

Just not right now mind you...
WTF! COME BACK HERE YOU FR-*shot multiple times*

Quote:
Seriously though I was just kind of watching while shaking my head and sighing over all the guys going bonkers over that little thing.
It's more fun for the maker if they react that way. Even if it's a little silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
She's a grown up girl now *points to Reiji's post* and since she's missing out on the lurve... she'll-

Ragnarok Breaker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Creator-Kun
Hmm...
Personally, I wanted to do it myself... but I don't do CCXOC pairings. PLUS, I may be reasonably good in the platonic affection department... But I'm currently no good in rabu-rabu scenarios.

And after reading about the NXY development in AlternateS, I know that Hayate is in good hands.

MAKE IT GOOD, SAINT X!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
They know, but Nanoha and Keroko don't encourage it. Hayate on the other hand, wants to promote it. She believes that Fate would feel the pressure and stick to Kha closer, but of course tells no one, not even her older sister that. Yeah she's evil.
Ohoh... I think a few minor edits are in order... I need it for my script... Sorry. <coughharemcoughsettingcough>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I can imagine Fate taking revenge and tease Signum to no end about it
That'll be fun to watch!

Quote:
Is that the other OC who likes Signum as well?
Yes... In a more rival way.

Quote:
*washes blood-stained hands*

*eyes lose glaze*

Ara, what happened? Ketchup?

Quote:
There are more than enough people here willing to give her all the Love and Attention she needs

In a parental way of course
Accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
... You talk about how "pure-minded" you are... yet you bait us with such "cute descriptions"!! That's pure, yes... PURE EVIL!!!!

BTW, when will there be more?
It's fun seeing everyone else's reactions.
I just love it when I utilize things that seem so wrong in a colloquial sense but is perfectly innocent in the by the book sense.
Anyway, I still enjoy them in a normal healthy male teenager sense. But I tend t prioritize gentlemanly attitudes towards girls in life.

False hints are much more fun than obvious hints or the thing themselves.

And about more, allow me to think about it.

Quote:
Sometimes though, we just have to live with the fact that there are things beyond our comprehension to understand, and that in trying to expand our knowledge and understand reality, we run across concepts that would seem cold and lifeless to our romantic view of reality, like the aforementioned predermination, or for another closer-to-earth example the harsh realization that what we refer to as the "soul" and "consciousness" is nothing more than the fragile interaction of electrical impulses and chemicals in the brain, that can be altered and manipulated. (Something I think C2F's Lance touches upon quite well).

Of course, we have yet to know whether or not that is true, or whether some new insights into the nature of quantum mechanical physics can shed some light into the nature of time-space, and the answers to predetermination and ultimately whether human free will and consciousness is important at all in the grand scheme of the universe.

And it seems I have some book hunting to do...
Ahh... As to be expected from Lowe-aniki!

Myself, I don't bother too much with that... It just goes like this for me...

I determine my fate.
My fate is my destiny.
My destiny is predetermined.
I determine my destiny.

It doesn't really matter... All those words and concepts were made by the very same people who argue about them. In the end, one could say that he determined his destiny. But then one can say that this destiny is predetermined. And then the cycle/argument goes on...

It's like a paradox. As long as two opposing beliefs clash, it will always be there.

More later...
WHEN MY FRICKIN CONNECTION STOPS FAILING ME!!!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2