Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-25, 05:42   Link #267
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Spoiler for In a parallel Universe:

Basically, proves the point that people just don't want change.
Change for the sake of change is bad, and sometimes it is what corporations do in order to keep the public interested, not because they have something great to offer. They change the trademark font or style, they change packages, they change whatever, all for no reason other than to provoke a response and have the people keep talking. WHY is what MS is doing a change with a point and not a change for change. I haven't seen anyone actually prove that a Start Screen is that much more beneficial than the Start button.

For the record, I prefer the Start Screen so far, that doesn't mean everyone else should because, frankly, there's no reason strong enough. Example, I like being able to easily customize the Start Screen. Someone who is already customizing the Start Menu another way may not care about that. Someone who doesn't even care about customizing anything won't care either. When stripping the argument of subjective reasoning, the only thing left is what everyone can tell and agree on : "MS was left behind in the fast approaching mobile computing era and is desperately trying to reach the other major companies by forcing a mobile paradigm on its huge desktop userbase in order to create a need for or familiriaty with its mobile platform." I'm afraid most of the changes on 8 boil down to this one truth. Someone might say MS also offers coherence and interoperability but Windows RT is proof that many desktop elements won't be able to move between devices so that point is a bit weak.