View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 19:01   Link #149
achirist

I really hated Oshino and his BS victim blaming monologues in this episode. Neglect, physical, and emotional abuse of children is an inexcusable crime and is not the child's fault. Hanekawa would have formed her personality as a response to the abuse, abandonment, and rough treatment she received at home. Her parents were not innocent victims who suddenly had a child living with them who was righteous. She deserves her own room, things, kind treatment, and more then one outfit to wear regardless of how intelligent and forthright she is. It's too bad the cat couldn't use her powers to steal some money so that Hanekawa could get her own apartment and finish high school outside of her abusive household. It kind of pisses me off that they were all so sure that nothing could be done and things would have to go back to normal in the end. I hope Hanekawa is able to move out somewhere in this series.

Other then that, I think I would have understood this better if Kizu had already aired beforehand. I'm still missing a big chunk of their relationship. I think if paired with the other prequel, this would have more definite value and purpose in showing a backstory. By itself it's a little iffy.