View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 14:33   Link #48
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Sure, Kanata probably doesn't have things as good as Haruka thinks she does. That doesn't mean that Kanata was abused exactly as much as Haruka was. Honestly, that doesn't even make a lick of sense to me. Why would a family abuse the cherished daughter as much as they do the one cast aside and treatment with complete contempt and shame?
"Cherished" is the wrong word.
As implied so far, the Saigusa does -not- care about the girls one bit. They have that strong family pride that base everything on prestige, bloodline and pedigree. As result, they gave credits to Kanata only because of criteria of success instead for what she and Haruka are.

In such harsh environnment as this one, a family representative must be -shaped- to meet the family name standards. This is especially true for old fashioned asian family regarding their offspring as the family branch future, especially if it is a girl, because it would be the corner stone to make alliance with other families and strengthen their influence (even more evident with their customs of having 2 husbands for a given woman).

Considering they only cared about Haruka and Kanata's genetics, and had to use their scholarship as a method of comparison in a last ditch of effort, you really cannot consider Kanata as cherished at all.

Oh and don't worry. I only use the knowledge I have with usual families such as these... I think I have the knack with that kind of stories (*ahem* Umineko).