View Single Post
Old 2013-01-08, 23:04   Link #9177
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The point was that if Nagi won't let Hayate go, Ruka will take him from her. I don't understand why people are getting so defensive about this as if Ruka was doing something bad. She is just being proactive and doing everything she can to achieve her goals like she always has.
I'm not getting defensive, though. I simply don't get the impression that she's trying to buy him off. Certainly, she wants him to have no duty toward Nagi, because as far as she knows, Hayate cannot go out with her if he's indebted to Nagi. But I don't think Ruka wants Hayate to be with her now out of duty.

Like I said before, I don't think she's an altruist to take on Hayate's debt simply so that he's free of it, but I don't think she's that inconsiderate that she'll buy his debt so that he owes her and has to be with her. I don't think she's been shown as being that type of person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Okay? I don't care why he had to "resort" to it. If he had zero interest in her, he could say that. The fact that he didn't shows he's at least mildly interested.
You forget a problem he has that has been mentioned many times and was even brought up in the latest chapter. Hayate is too much of a nice guy.