View Single Post
Old 2006-02-10, 22:52   Link #30
Moon Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
As some sort of a "reverse psychology"? And she is nagging Shiro about it because she wants to prove to herself that she is serious on her own?

That's a very interesting point on Rin's mode of thinking. Certainly explains several things about her...
Whenever she refers to her reason for wanting to win the "War" it's not in first person. It's always a distant voice dictating her the reason. This tells me that she herself doesn't really have a reason and is just doing it cause she's told to. She doesn't really have any personal desire for the cup and thus is never completely serious. But given her individual nature, she's a serious (or semi-serious) person and Archer knows this. She at least tries to put on that demeanor of wanting the cup regardless if it's true or not. Thus he asks her what she would do in a situation of 'if she saw a defenseless, clueless magi'. She seems more preoccupied with saving people than actually wanting to kill magi and servants in order to obtain the grail. (This is not specific for the case of Shirou either, though she does treat him special from what I can see.)

I still don't quiet get the whole 'chaos and darkness' thing at the very first episode with Rin. Or maybe I'm just recalling it wrong
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote