View Single Post
Old 2010-06-19, 15:02   Link #143
Ezilled

I hope I'm no late to the party due to loss of internets. Oh well anyways..

Expected: Answers
Got:
Love;
I must kill the gods!
No Yuri, you are the god
And then Yuri was Haruhi

If I had one word for this episode. I would say 'disappointed'. Sure they gave some explanations prior to this arc, but the execution was utterly underwhelming and revolved only on the culprit and the 'he-who-should-not-be-named' person who created the Angel Player -- not the exact mystery behind the world. I also wondered how did Yuri have a contact with her siblings. Was it in her mind, or did Maeda pull out a 'Congratulations' shenanigans upon me? In that way, she should have had no regrets on that part and moved on, but she stayed together with them like Naoi. Also, thou shall not give any feedback on Yuri having a deep thought on the toilet scene.

On the other hand, if I could suggest one thing to fix Angel Beats for being a not-so-wasted-potential, I'd say it should have a coherent progression or continuous storyline per episode with sufficient character development. It might be really hard to cram the cast into 13 episodes, but they should have done it in two seasons to get the pacing right. Nevertheless, it was a fun ride, and I enjoyed it deeply that got me hooked throughout the entire series. Props to Maeda for his writing capabilities and music composing.

At last, since we're at the finale, I guess it's Kanade's turn now to close down the curtains with the help of Otonashi. Gotta love their development and their relationship that I wanted to have a good ending for them like eternal vow in a wedding-esque scenario. I sincerely hope the next one must cry me bitch tears like an innocent, young lad.

Knockin' on Heaven's door.. bang!