View Single Post
Old 2011-12-11, 06:37   Link #25
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
There's an older-school build system than Age of Empire?
Dune 2 - 1992. Age of Empires - 1997.

Quote:
Also, game-balance wise, remember that China had gatling guns, the best AA in the entire game. Giving it an air superiority planes too would be too much.
Yes, but back then Generals was hyped as being "close to real-life war" and such. At the very least, I had expected China to possess a cheaper and weaker air-superiority fighter instead of none at all.

Quote:
4. I'm neutral on this, since afaik garrison killing abilities had been instantaneous in most games that support it. Or perhaps we can upgrade the garrison to make it immune to these abilities. But bunker buster bombs should have instant effect true to its definition.
The reason I add this one is because infantry is pretty useless when not garrisoned. But bunker-buster is fine I guess, as long whatever uses it is expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
It's EA. Best kept any expectations low. It will be most likely a decent title but not a game changer.
Honestly? I hope they don't try to be too innovative. The last time they "experiment" we ended up with Tiberium Twilight. God, I absolutely despise how they decided to add pop-caps to a C&C title - I want epic, massive unrestrained battles, dammit!

Let Starcraft be Starcraft, C&C be C&C, and Dawn of War be Dawn of War. Each has their own distinct flavor which works best for them and I'd rather have each of them remain their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Let's see what else. Tanks and other vehicles better be faster then infantry and better be able to crush it.
This. I want that "crunch" sensation when my vehicles ran infantry over back. And while we're at it, please please please bring back gory infantry deaths