View Single Post
Old 2011-12-19, 16:45   Link #166
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Factors that seem to actually be directly related to this show trying to rack up the multimedia sales however include having Otaku fan favorites ClariS and Supercell doing the music. That just right there tells me exactly where this franchise is trying to stake it's appeal and that people of my tastes and convictions are still probably not invited to the party.
And it has nothing to do with the fact that SHAFT has worked with both of them before? Considering "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari" is arguably what put supercell on the map in the first place, arguing that this is pandering over a desire to keep continuity for a second season is a real stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
All that said, Maaya Sakamoto getting more work is never a bad thing since she's a great VA and singer, just too bad that the last show I can remember her being in that I actually enjoyed to any significant degree was probably Gunbuster 2 in 2004. Sadly even the games she's chosen to star in recently (FFXIII, 3rd Birthday, Sonic 2006, Kingdom Hearts 2) are ones that I have very few positive things to say about. Shame really to see someone so talented kind of go to waste on mediocre projects.
Kara no Kyoukai, Rebuild of Evangelion, The Tatami Galaxy... I could go on. In fact, she was in Usagi Drop just last season. You either haven't been looking very hard, or your conception of "mediocre" is in wild disagreement with the general consensus.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote