View Single Post
Old 2009-07-15, 11:20   Link #2217
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
: He saw the person he cared most in the world (Clare) killing a very dear friend. Ok, sorry Raki but that doesn't justify it. You shouldn't have cried then.
Why not? It was perfectly fine that he cried then, it was a cruel wake-up call that the world around him is horrible and even invincible silver-eyed slayers end their lives tragically, and aren't heroes or anything that kill Yoma for the sake of humanities happiness.

Before the Yoma showed up, we can assume Raki lived a happy normal life. To have your family torn apart and kicked out of your own home, and then see what happened to Elena is too much.

I don't think people get the big picture: Raki cried when Elena died because, aside from that being horrific to watch(how many times have you seen someone kill another human being? especially your savior killing her friend?), he knew that would one day happen to Claire. Claire, the girl who saved his life was going to one day end up like Elena, and who knows, she might ask the person closest to her to finish her off, which would be him.

Many reasons explain why he cried and SHOULD have cried(because it would be extremely callous of him if he didn't show any reaction at all ): A cruel wake-up call, a horrible sign of things to come, the fact that he's watching a beautiful girl being killed in front of him by her friend......

It's like I said; He should have cried. To watch a human being be killed in front of his face like that, regardless of everything else, I would have been very surprised and kind of put off if he didn't have some sort of reaction . The hell kind of child sees something like this and just stands there?

Clarakiss and MisterJB however, you guys hit the nail right on the head

MisterJB, I don't even really remember the anime, but from what I do, he wasn't so bad there either. The thing is, it feels like a big difference because we know hear his crying rather then just seeing and reading about it silently in the manga, so it feels different.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-07-15 at 15:36.