View Single Post
Old 2006-12-10, 05:26   Link #53
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
True, however, she can more or less be excused from her previous, poor performances by the facts that she was piloting an old Glasgow against Sutherlands and a Lancelot and that episode 09 had rendered her combat inefficient due to her mother's presence in that warehouse. Given evened odds (I mean, with the CL-2 in her hands now) I guess we can hope for her true talents to come out, now that she's got the means to back up already admirable skills and determination. Suzaku started pwning left and right on his first try at the Lancelot yet he only had experience with Knightmare Frames through simulators, since Honorary Britannians don't have access to the actual mechas. Kallen does have actual experience with the real thing so it might make up for her lack of military training and the fact that Lancelot has two advantages in having a VARIS particle rifle, two Slash Harkens and two beam shields while the CL-2 only has a large claw, possibly an electric shocker (or a blunt-nosed Slash Harken, as we still don't know what that contraption actually is) in her right palm, some sort of handheld blade and kinetic energy cannon on her left arm.

Not to mention that she'll probably have Lelouch giving instructions once again, and I don't think he'll tell her when to stab, feint, duck and evade - I surmise he'll give her where to lead enemy forces into well-placed and -hidden ambushes. Episode 02 clearly showed he wasn't just run and gun, hide and wait - he uses the entire environment to take out his opponents. Moreover, the spoilers (translated by VCV, who I'm grateful to) state that
Spoiler:

As for my last point, I don't think she'll pwn Suzaku. Maybe force him to a draw and get Britannia retreating due to massive losses, an unfavorable tactical situation and a crumbling strategy on Cornelia's side. That's how I envision the outcome - both sides draw back and reconsider what the heck happened, what went wrong and how to answer the current situation...giving Zero and Co. some reprieve to get the hell out of there and strengthen up their ranks.
Suzaku had the advantage of surprise on his side, it's was that that enables his to perform so well in his frist run and the fact that Lulu didn't know anything about the new suit and just ghouth it was another simple Knightmare.
I have no problem if she pwns with the support of Lulu and the whole group, that's actually to be expected. Like you says Lulu is a master tactician ( until he starts to underestimate the opponent ) and under his guaindance they can use the enviroment t the fullest with setti ng ambushes, traps,... and they have the surprise on their side now too since CL2 is new suit,. even if it's an upgrade, it still not known how it performs.

It's making Kallen into an unbeatable force on her own that i wouldn't like. You know if she went head alone stright into the enemy and pwn left and rigth, that what i meant by godKira, that would suck. Her giving Suzaku trouble is nothing unexpected but i don't think that even with surprise and her new suits capabilites she can't crush him and get away without any damage on her suit. Of course it he fells into an ambush wherer she't not the only enemy and gets pwned in someway, that's different.
So we agree that a standoff ( well a defeat from Brittania's poinf of view since the couldn't manage to defeat some filthy rebels and actually got their asses handed to them most of the time and the rebels even manged to get away with new toys ) is most likely and noone should have any qualms about it.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!