View Single Post
Old 2010-01-22, 19:11   Link #1901
Napoleon's Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I see where you're coming from, but only thing I can say is take a break from it (like I did for Kimi no Iru Machi!!). You can always come back from time to time to check spoilers though and maybe it might improve (in your opinion) later on .

I will be one sad panda if Medaka Box steps over Neko Wappa's fallen corpse to stay alive.
The thing is I actually like Medaka herself. She's a cool character. Her being an over-the-top superpowerful Mary Sue worked when this was an episodic comedy. She was supposed to be aloof and quirky and out of touch. Her abilities were treated very tongue-in-cheek, and her best friend provided a voice of reason that made her endearing to the reader. Now it's just another FIGHTAN manga, and the over-the-top fights are played straight and humourless, so Medaka's powers and her friends performing impossible feats are just boring. We aren't supposed to acknowledge that this is ridiculous, were supposed to marvel at how badass they are and it just doesn't work at that level.
Napoleon's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote