View Single Post
Old 2011-03-13, 09:28   Link #110
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That purpose itself is noble and admirable, but the actual source of that wish is not. Look at Sayaka. She wanted to help Kamijo. That is pretty noble, but the source of that wish is her longing for Kamijo to notice her.
Ok, I see what you're saying here. Madoka's lack of self-esteem is not good, no. Just as Sayaka's degree of emotional dependency on a guy that shows almost no gratitude for all that she's done for him isn't good either.

Quote:

The actual motivation of her wish may not be that relevant to you.
I do think that it has some relevance, but I'm not sure how it'll impact how the anime plays out. Maybe she'll come up with a clever way of stopping Walpurgis Night without contracting with Kyubey, hence gaining self-esteem? Is that what you're thinking?

Quote:
Of course, the fact that there's no one except Homura to fight Walpurgis this time around puts things on a different perspective, and I do no mind if Madoka has to make a contract because there's no other options.
Yeah, that was a big part of my point to you in my previous post. I couldn't really fault Madoka for contracting with Kyubey now if Homura falls in battle against Walpurgis Night, and Madoka is the only one left who can stop it.

Quote:

YET, it's extremely important, IMO, to keep in mind Madoka's original motivation. It's important because both it's the only way you can understand Madoka's character properly, and because I bet this element it's going to play out somehow in the final!!
I hope that you're right, since it would likely mean a "not bad" ending. At the very least, a bittersweet ending.