View Single Post
Old 2003-12-15, 23:51   Link #14
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

Meh, it's better than the .rm set of Macross 7 I had before ASS stepped in, especially for me considering I don't need the subs very much anyway having studied Japanese for several years. ^^ It's not like anyone has defended the subs. Indeed the only mentions of subs before Mylene's post said they were bad or AiA's were better. ;p I've seen some fansub tapes of Macross 7 floating around, but that would cost money without even directly supporting the creators and still the video quality would be below what ASS released for free.

So considering I like Macross 7, but not enough to order the Japanese DVDs as I do some shows, it was great having those encodes there and I appreciate it. The biggest factor for me liking an anime is actually the artwork and what neat stuff they can do visually. I read sci-fi and manga, both of which can pull story lines and concepts the animated format could never handle anyway IMHO. So getting to see the series in decent video quality as I did helped a lot in deciding to buy it if it ever comes out in the US.

Ripping, encoding, and distributing does take plenty of work, not as much as fansubbing, but it's still ungrateful to claim otherwise especially of something provided free for fans. If someone had complained ASS does US licensed stuff and distributes to people in the US or that buying that hkdvd hurt the sales of the series that little bit and supported pirates they would at least have the high moral ground to stand on. Instead I see mainly a bunch of pointless bashing with a sentence or two of facts that pretty much everybody already acknowledged anyway. Sad how often this sort of situation comes up.

Edit: spelling mainly, yuck

Last edited by Wandering A.I.; 2003-12-16 at 00:10.
Wandering A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote