View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 12:45   Link #24
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Great chapter.

The scene with Itachi and his parents was touching. This solidifies the fact that Itachi was not an intentional traitor to the Uchiha but in fact was left heartbroken over the fact that he had to slay his own parents and clan to protect the village. His parents were actually understanding and still loved him.

And Sasuke saw all of this....

Itachi was put in ti quite a position. If he didn't kill the Uchiha a civil war would result in the destruction of Konoha and the annihilation of the Uchiha anyway. Sasuke would no doubt be killed in the chaos. Doing it Danzou's way at the very least ensured that Sasuke would survive (although Danzou sent Sai to assassinate Sasuke so he was a lying snake).

This will only effect Sasuke more emotionally. Itachi didn't tell him anything he didn't already know he just showed him the truth which will only reinforce Sasuke's hatred for the village. I think the only thing at this point that could dissuade Sasuke is him learning Tobi's true agenda including the fact that he summoned Kyuubi to destroy Konoha and in the process framed the Uchiha, something Tobi insisted was not true and a truth that only Naruto is aware of because his parents told him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
I do indeed enjoy this chapter, though it wasn't the best time to release the Edo Tensei. I mean, the Kages vs. Madara fight is getting really interesting. And even though most think that the kages are no match to the "perfect" Susano of Madara, still, I wouldn't want the fight to end in Madara dissolving away due to the release of the jutsu. I mean, it's like watching a really great action movie, when the bad guy is about to kill the hero, but deep in your mind you're thinking that the hero at one point will reverse the situation and eventually win, but before the climax, your pesky brother changed the channel.

You know...
I think Kishimoto felt it was important that it happen this way. Madara was the unbeatable ancient evil that was so powerful not even the 5 Kage together could defeat him. They were not going to win a straight up battle which made Itachi's mission to defeat Kabuto and cancel Edo Tensei necessary. Madara boasted that only the 1st Hokage was a ninja powerful enough to defeat him. No ninja of that caliber exist in the modern Ninja world. Sasuke is being groomed as a successor to Madara, an Uchiha whose powers have been heightened to the point that they rival the legendary Sage of 6 paths. Naruto the son of the great 4th Hokage is the ninja that most stop him and save the Ninja world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Maybe that will make Sasuke less revenge directed since Itachi had a free choice of what to so. No one forced him to kill Uchiha, it was a free choice.
Sasuke already made it clear that even if Itachi forgives the Konoha leaders for putting him in that position he will not. His life's purpose is to avenge the Uchiha and when he learned that Itachi was ordered to do it his quest for vengeance was redirected from his brother to the people who benefited from the Uchiha massacre i.e. all of Konoha.

The one detail that I think can return him to sanity is learning that Kyuubi's attack was not a natural disaster. It was a plot by a mysterious masked man who has been misleading him in order to help him with a larger plan (Infinite Tsukiyomi).

Tobi's true identity and true agenda are the key to everything it seems.