View Single Post
Old 2006-04-12, 22:40   Link #59
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
You are comparing apples and oranges here AND you are being unfair.

For one thing: there was no significant 3D/2D morphing in Garasu no Kantai, because all of the 3D was done in "space" and there were no natural objects around which to morph 3DCG.

On the contrary, most of the rendered objects in Noein were done on the backdrop of natural backgrounds, where smooth 2D/3D combinations are harder to achieve. And even though Noein was good in this aspect, I don't see this as an excuse to bash "Glass Fleet" over something it never did. Episode 1 didn't have any "awful...3d and 2d hybrid", because there was no 3D/2D morphing to speak of.

In fact, most of the space-battles we saw were quite well done, compared to many other scenes (like the revolt), which were somewhat sub-par.

So, please watch the episode before you bash the show. It has its major weaknesses, however this is not one of them.
i have watched the first ep.

I did not know about the 3d/2d moprh in space but the space-battles wasnt that good (i havent seen revolt and i dont really know what sub-par is).

i wasnt really bashing the show, i just said the 3d looked awfull now that i know it shouldnt be compared to land 3d then i know better.

But if the story really progresses and becomes something good then i'l come back and check this anime up, the only reason i checked this anime in the first place was because it was made by satelight.