View Single Post
Old 2006-12-23, 05:34   Link #59
Myname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
Well dang, this episode has a lot of ups and downs. I expected a few things to happen, but there are other things that was like, "hey, you're not suppose to say that!"

One thing that really drew my mind as the credits rolled was how completely botched this is compared to the game. But this isn't (and shouldn't be) a comparison between the two forms. In my objective viewpoint, the telling of this episode was superb. Click on the spoiler below to read on. = |

Spoiler for Ok:

Presentation-wise, it's good. I can't complain about the pacing of the episode. The animation was good (a couple of reused shots but whatever), the CG (god, the doors. The goddamn doors! People need to learn to do it right!) was sub-par. It's not perfect, but it's nothing I'd have to twist my stomach around to watch.

Story delivery was where this episode shined. We saw almost everybody trying to cope with the situation brought on by the previous episode, nobody was out of character, people had their "defining moments" for lack of a better word. I was thoroughly entertained, sufficiently creaped out, and empathized with the characters when the time came.

Episode 25 is botched. Totally botched, but it's a botch that works for the emphasis of on-screen drama. Though I don't like having so many new questions being brought out this close to the end of the series. And I'll admit, I had some preconceptions as to what was going to happen and was disappointed when those expectations didn't arrise (sounds like everyone else here!). But I'll be generous with 25, and we'll see how good the producers resolve things in 26.

9/10

Spoiler for dang it!:
Ok, so how did the medallion work?