Thread: Crunchyroll Hanasakeru Seishounen
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-09, 20:20   Link #34
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

While I won't disagree that the premise is ridiculously contrived, and can be construed as chauvinistic, I didn't mind it that much There have been some really obnoxious shoujo anime floating around more recently, which is strange because historically it's just about the least obnoxious genre in anime. I think this one teeters on the edge, and I can see why people would be turned off by it, but I think Kon brings enough self-control to it to keep it from going overboard.

Ep 1

Bland art and animation, but that's not really a priority for a series like this. I actually really like the lead character, sure she's blessed with looks and money (anime characters with money sometimes tend to be rather repulsive), but she's also amiable, strong-minded and a has a strong sense of righteousness. I think I would have liked to have seen her in Japan for longer, but, oh well. Anyway, looks like we're in for a good old-fashioned reverse harem, and seeing as I'm not continuously rolling my eyes at the worst of the reverse harem tropes (as I generally am with normal harem anime), the early signs are good. I'm interested in seeing where this is going.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote