View Single Post
Old 2007-06-16, 03:43   Link #521
gaguri

I know I know , sometimes, as if it's some kind of natural phenomenon, there's budding of endless discussions born from endless branches of what is essentially one root idea.

*edit: I looked back at your first response and assuming that you are looking at character comparison, I have to disagree. Same can't be said about Twelve Kingdoms because it doesn't put less focus on the main character like Seirei. Through the main Youko's eyes and her struggle, the world of intrigues flesh out and from there rise a profound development of Youko as a character. Definitely not the case with Balsa.

I don't know how you (and maybe 4tran, I'm not sure) see the show placing less focus on Youko, because this is clearly focused on Youko as a character, and the world is fantastic only through her fear of unknown, fear of herself, intrigues of the political and spiritual mechanics, significance of virtues such as loyalty and benevolence. Without less focus on Youko and her responding to all these intrigues of the world that is built up through her journey, this world we see will not be possible.

Last edited by gaguri; 2007-06-16 at 03:57.
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote