View Single Post
Old 2018-01-12, 16:46   Link #17
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
I just noticed something
Charlotte Flambe is the 33rd daughter, at 15 years old, Pudding is the 35th daughter at...
Should we call the police here folks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Most likely a mistake which will be fixed in the tankoubon. I very much doubt Pudding is that young.

While it could be an error on Oda's part, I actually don't think it would be that far-fetched if Pudding were also 15 (remember, Linlin gave birth to practical litters of children at a time.... for instance, Katakuri, Daifuku, and Oven are triplets). So if Pudding and Flambe were born at the same time, I can see the ages being plausible. Also, while I think the minimum marriageable age in Japan is 16 (which likely also applies to OP's world), several countries (the USA included) allow younger folks to tie the knot as long as they have the parents' consent, which was most certainly the case for this wedding (though I'm pretty darn sure Judge is regretting this decision now, heh). So yeah, this may not be that odd of a case if Pudding is about 15 (though I'd certainly question things if she turns out to be a year or two younger, yes). But as was already mentioned, the tankoubon release (maybe along with related SBS info) will most definitely clear things up....

All that being said, Flambe's design is.... odd. She seems to be a Robin/Hancock clone, yet she has an oddly disproportionate body that makes her look like an.... eggplant? But I guess most people won't care as long as she has a cute face, lol. Also, I like how we see Luffy is gradually becoming used to Katakuri's attacks during the chapter. Just as Rayleigh taught him, his haki really is undergoing great growth against such a powerful opponent....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote