Thread: Nanoha - Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 20:27   Link #4257
darkalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Jail was an artificial mage so that is how they made him implanted with a "grand dream" to obtain the secrets of Lost Logias.

Little know fact here is the list of ingredients they use to make Jail:

Spoiler for List:
I know that Jail was created via the Unlimited Desire Project, but I was more curious about the fact that TSAB was trying to create an artificial mage (which was an illegal and outlawed practice). So I was curious about how such method was done in the first place.

...although by browsing deeper into Nanoha Wiki, I found my answer about artificial mages in general:

Quote:
Artificial mages are, in short, manufactured human beings created while taking as a base personages with specific genetic material within their DNA. The resulting individual is then put through in vivo experiments and/or receives cybernetic implants. This is done so to promote the emergence of distinctive magical abilities within the artificial mage.
Oddly enough, this was found in Project Fate entry, while the artificial mage entry didn't have this relevant information. In any case, it sounds similiar to the process we use - removing original DNA from an egg cell, then inserting the desired DNA into it and having it gestate.

In the case of Unlimited Desire Project, however, judging from the 'ingredients' list, it sounds more like manipulation of a test subject (messing around with his mind, emotions, etc) as opposed to actual cloning process.