View Single Post
Old 2009-12-27, 07:52   Link #223
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Wow, like I said, you probably were not around for stuff like Paranoia Agent, or more recently CLANNAD ~ After Story's ending. This is understandable compared to those, which literally required cross-referencing by the people who did know and bashing in the heads of people who refused to understand despite having the clues right in front of them.
I'm glad I wasn't around. Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zewi
And if you read further ahead in this thread, a lot of people explained what happened in this episode multiple times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei
Yet no one listens. Which is a shame, since it's clear as day.
Ok first maybe you misunderstand, because I understood the basics of the episode.

What I'm; (although I don't know about the other people that said they didn't get it) is that most of it felt so rushed and random at the time.
It felt like what was in the episode was thrown in and we're just suppose to accept it. It's a problem when there has been alot of inconsistancies in this short as pie season.

Some stuff for thought that came up while watching that made me feel it's random:

Why was Augest 7 alive? He should of just stayed dead being an episodic boss that died when he showed up.
- Obviously the director wanted to expand july's character, but magic man as medium showing up episodes later is sloppy as poo. There was alot of other ways this could of been done.
- Also if CIA and forgot who FBI? If they were working together, then this part seemed like it was chucked in to give season 3 more options.
Trying to link together loose ends at the last episode surgesting Gen fisted Augest to death back then to fool Hazuki and Co.
They should of just brought in a new Agent (explaining him S3), since they "apparently" only made a deal to save themselves with the American's now, and not when Magic man supposely died.

Appearance of two Yin's for about a minute felt out of place. This moment was so brief, is why it didn't fell like it fitted. Even if it makes sense (sort of) that Yin is a different soul than Izanami, or whatever other reason people came up with like Shion clone.
I mean, simply Hei could of killed Black Yin or whatever as he didn't have any contractor powers to suicide himself at the time. Counter-future-arguement for white yin.

Shion could clone a whole world as well as billions of people? That's kinda overpowered, seeing as he could still talk for a bit to Shou and not die instantly. *Dramatic effect*

Why did Earth 2.0 fly away? Also they explained clones can't retain memories, so everyone there has meteorite cores?

Which raises the question. Why did Yin just break that core? There was no point.
She could of just deflected the bullet Shou was about to shoot, or made Shou suicide. I guess they opted for more drama even if it doesn't make sense / randomly inputted.

Shion's deal, something.

They already met up, yet somehow there's still "time" for Hei to end it. Wot?
Didn't explain how meeting up would form the new being. Just that meeting up would spell d-o-o-m.

Golgo showing up like Rambo at the end, even though he was with Hei the whole time and he's not even scratched (Obviously has he ever been) surgesting when did they get into a fight to have your clothes torn up that badly?
You have to admit him showing up like that was pretty lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I looked around at other forums and polls, and it's more liked than disliked. It's not because the story wasn't entertaining, but because they feel it was really a pointless season made solely for profit, since some of us expected at least a closure or maybe some questions answered.

So... if you don't expect anything, you'll like it?
I mean the thing is, for a series like this it pits you expect something from it. I can totally understand if it was some Harem like Kampfer, but this series already has a season 1.
There's just so much they could of done to make it better in the season as a whole.
(Eg: Play up Tanya more before she died seeing as she was alive for a long ass time)

My Final thoughts, is that I really really wish this was 24 episodes than 13. That would of improved alot. But I guess DtB was turned into a short term money making ploy with an obvious season 3 coming. (with DVD only episodes you have to buy) God damn greedy companies milking shit for more than it's worth.

Maybe I should avoid BONE made animes. Soul Eater ending adaptation wasn't to my liking either reading the manga beforehand. Sigh.

Alas I think this will be my last post, and also try to forget this season even happened over night. (Also forgets this thread's existance and thus unable to reply.)

P.S while I might not of enjoyed the series much, I did like reading what others wrote about it. But I guess that's true with other anime shows and their threads. *Smiley face*

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2009-12-27 at 08:09.