View Single Post
Old 2008-05-14, 14:01   Link #5
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Major bummer for me.

I seriously hope this becomes supported on mplayer before it gets too popular.

Unlike most of people, I like watching the OP and ED each episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
That's a nice idea, but it's just extra work without the benefits the ordered chapters would provide. What I'd love is to see this great feature supported under mplayer. I guess begging to the development team is in order.
As another person who almost always watches the OP and ED, It kind of burns for me, too. It feels like people expect every one to use Windows (or just assume every one uses it, which is almost as bad).

On the other hand, I can completely understand why it's come to this. Using Kurenai as an example (since hey, it's the show that made the splash by coming out in split files), the main episode content takes up 175 megabytes in 1280x720, but the OP takes up another 100 megabytes! (Its lovely ED comes in at a svelte 17 megabytes, but that's neither here nor there.)

With data rates like that, I'm OK with putting the cart ahead of the horse this way so long as the pressure it puts on others to catch up is successful.

In the meantime, we really aren't affected too much. Just loading the OP, episode, and ED files into a playlist in MPlayer or VLC is pretty close to seamless. The exception is that if you do this any episode-specific content will come in between the OP and ED, regardless of where it's supposed to be. The only way this normally affects us is that it means the next episode preview comes before the credits, which bugs the crud out of me, but I can live with for the time being.

No telling when MPlayer and VLC will catch up, but please, every one... beg.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.