Thread: Smoking
View Single Post
Old 2007-12-28, 15:17   Link #37
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
There is no warning label for ignorance and stupidity.
And here is where the "government", or better yet, the society has to step forward. The government is not an isolated being completely extraneous to regular individual people, it's the crystallization of a society's desires towards its very own future. I hate hearing people accusing the government of "illegally" stepping over their right to buy incandescent bulb lights that further aid the senseless waste of energy that ends up affecting the entire world.

You're damn right, there's no warning label for stupidity--but there are ways of eliminating stupidity. And guess what, the very society everyone forms part of is responsible of ensuring that. And, furthermore, the responsibility each person has to assume presupposes giving up some privileges that are not doing any better to society as a whole, or that are even hurting it (such as the case of incandescent bulb lights, and of course, of tobacco).

(I'm not defending governments, it's just that I get tired pretty quickly of people bitching and moaning about their governments when it's partly their responsibility as members of a society).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote